Monday, April 28, 2014

Struggling with Satan

We surely all know what this feels like. And I've been struggling a lot with Satan myself. When he gets in, it seems impossible to get him out. "I can do all things through Christ who stregthens me." Philippians 4:13. This verse really applies to this circumstance. In our everyday lives, we are tempted by Satan to do things that God doesn't want us to. But God can't stop us because He gave us free will. He left it up to us to make our own decisions. So, whenever you are tempted, use that Christlike strength to your advantage and say "NO" to Satan. It may not be easy at first, but once you have gotten used to the temptations around you, it might seem really easy to ignore Satan and focus on Jesus. The same thing applies not only to temptation, but to defending your faith. Atleasst once in my life I have come across an argument where one side was against God. The first thing in my mind was to not say anything, maybe agree, because it would be easier. But remember, Christ died for you, and in turn gave you the strength to defend and fight against Satan. So what to do in this situation? Kindly and appropriately discuss your side and defend God. USE THE STRENGTH! 

1 comment: